Auto Accident Checklist
If you are involved in an accident
- Remain calm and polite.
- Turn on your hazard lights.
- If safe to do so, move your vehicle away from traffic.
- Do not discuss who is at fault or your insurance limits.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident.
Contact emergency personnel
- If anyone is injured, call 911 for medical assistance.
- Do not move an injured person.
- Give police your version of what happened.
- Obtain the police officer's name, department and incident number.
- Vehicle owner's name, address, telephone and/or email address.
- Insurance information (company and policy number).
- Other vehicle information (year, make, model and registration plate).
- Driver's name, address, telephone and/or email address (if different from the vehicle owner's information).
- Obtain contact information from passengers and/or witnesses.
- Note the accident location.
Take photos/video if safe to do so
- Accident scene
- Traffic controls
- Street names
- Road conditions
- Vehicles and other property damage
Contact Amica promptly